River City Flyers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River City Flyers is an R/C Flying Club in Spanish Lake Missouri

4 posters

3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me

Crash
    Crash

3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me Empty 3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me

Post  Crash Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm

I heard Ken was 3d'ing a trainer Sat--thats so cool
    When i grow up i wanna be just like him!
    I mean come on a ramp take off in the snow that was cool too.
    I just wanna comeout to see what he does next.

Topic 2.
    I cracked 2 fingernails trying to tune in a motor on the prop---rookie mistake
    That won't happen again.

Was wondering what kind of first aid kit is at the flying field.
    I am going to bring one from wally world regardless but i was just curious
    rob
    rob

3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me Empty Re: 3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me

Post  rob Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:03 pm

There is one on the side of the soda machine and one inside the building.

We may need to restock the one outside as it get used more.

Look to see what it needs and let us know.
    Crash
    Crash

3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me Empty Re: 3D'ing a trainer---and a first aid kit/ ok 2 topics sue me

Post  Crash Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 am

I Checked the ones inside the building out.

I brought a box of kling and a box of 4by4's which would be used most for pressure.
    Also brought an instrument set with scissors and hemostats.

i worked in the ER before i moved here and was a EMT before i got my nursing license.
    When people think of arteries they usually think of the radial in the arm or the carotid in the neck.
    However since props would slice, the smaller arteries that you can't get to stop bleeding would require a tourniquet
    or you can clamp the artery and hold direct pressure which could save a limb or a finger.

We should put evrything in a tool box and keep it under the shelter close to the flying field.
    Keeping a firstaid kit under lock and key is kinda dumb.
    Not everyone has a key to the building but on top of the refrigerator would be optimal.
    Everyone knows where the fridge is.

I don't know how long it would take EMS to get to the field either.
    The longer it takes them the more shit ya need.
    Dr. Destruction
    Dr. Destruction

Post  Dr. Destruction Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 am

A first aid kit is a good idea
    Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Post  Wrong Way Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

Tony shoots ......... he scores
    Good eye T
    Crash
    Crash

Post  Crash Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:12 pm

I think after what i brought last time out a large bottle of peroxide to rinse to check for arterial bleeding.
    A tourniquet for multiple arteries or another instrument set.
    And of course a bottle of ca glue (super glue) for clean cuts with no arteries hit, gonna have a scar anyway so why go get stitches, but thats just me.

Actually i am just worried about myself after almost cutting a fingernail off lol (Just Kidding)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 am