River City Flyers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River City Flyers is an R/C Flying Club in Spanish Lake Missouri

3 posters

helping a newbie

NoelGStL

helping a newbie Empty helping a newbie

Post  NoelGStL Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

i inherited a nice plane which has been sitting in a garage for many years (perhaps near 20 years) the monokote is in awesome shape, came with servos and an OS 40FP engine. I have been flying silent stuff for years this is my first introduction to powered stuff. I am not at all sure what I have really. It would appear to be perhaps a Cessna 172 perhaps 73 inch wing (its huge). I am looking for someone whom may be able to help a newbie out a little. As I said I have been flying silent stuff for about 5 years now, and this beastie has been given to me, the engine needs a good once over, and most likely a tune up. I do know that the throttle is sticking, when I try to crank the engine over by hand it feels free and spins. I did hook up my current Rx and the control surfaces work just fine. Unfortunately I have let my AMA card laps. I was one of the unfortunates that was unemployed for a time and priority took priority. I am looking for someone whom may be able to take a look at and tune up this plane and help me get this beast up in the air. Rivercity has an awesome site (its as nice as the Sod Farm MVSA flyies on) not to mention alot closer to home. I am also interested in membership. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! thank you.. Noel Guinard
    Bill Harris
    Bill Harris

helping a newbie Empty Re: helping a newbie

Post  Bill Harris Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am

Noel, bring it out, and I promise that someone will help you. Lenny is the one to talk to he is our Pres. and CHIEF trainer. You gotta have An AMA card though. Safety is number ONE.
    NoelGStL

helping a newbie Empty newbie doing his homework

Post  NoelGStL Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 am

I have been in the RCgroups.com forum picking there brains about my aircraft, maintenance, and pre-flight info. All the electronics work just fine. the plane is in superb shape. i have been giving the plane allot of inspection, and playing with her on my build table making sure the all control surfaces are in order. The monokote is in clean shape, there is one little tiny BB sized hole on the fuse from hanger rash (not that concerned with this tiny hole, wont make that big of a difference. The control horns are in great shape, the engine spins smoothly (haven't got any nitro yet to run it) First things first, I get paid in 3 days, I will be putting in my application for my AMA card, because as before yes safety first oh yeah not to mention CMA (cover my arse) Is there any local places to acquire an AMA card other then through AMA's web site? I am just excited and ready to try to get this thing in the sky again. Once I do get all these things taken care of I will absolutely be seeking professional help and most likely a membership application (going to do some practicing at Dunnegant park on Derhake in Florissant (because its close) if they still allow powered stuff there, I know they allow us silent flyer types there, just dosent look like enough smooth surface for take offs and landings but i havent really looked at that park as a powered pilot. The skate park has been torn down finally. Well thats all I got for now. Hope to meet you fly guys soon enough. WOW today would be awesome day for flying... I almost forgot a huge hugely important fact, Sig Kadet Senior. I wish I could load a photo but you all know what I amtalking about. SHES a huge beauty!..
    rob
    rob

Post  rob Wed May 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Hay there Noel, you have a great plane that will fly awesome.You need to make sure you have good batteries before fly'n it though. On a calm day there are few people that would be more than happy to get you in the air. Let us know if you are still interested

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content